Extended Services Specialist
Do you thrive in searching for solutions to problems? Enjoy helping others? Join our team as an Extended Services Specialist!
This opening is a great opportunity to start your career in the transportation industry. This position is responsible for helping our professional truck drivers with issues such as accidents, hours of service, breakdowns, load recoveries, on-time delivery expectations, and questions regarding freight, all in real time with minimal support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Field and resolve driver and customer phone calls (Provide updates, answer questions, track loads, etc.)
- Field and resolve driver and customer emails
- Enter customer loads into SSI from the tender acceptance folder
- Communicate issues that cannot be resolved on second shift to the Customer Service
- Reps, Driver Managers and Planners that will need to follow up during regular business hours the next day.
- Communicate issues (delays, requests for early delivery, etc.) to the appropriate customer contact after hours.
Specific Measurements of Success
- Answer and/or return all calls within 30 minutes even if you don’t have the solution yet
- Call Customer Service, Driver Managers, or planners to find the answer needed
- Be the main point of contract for the driver after hours, don’t pass the driver onto “on call”
- All loads from tender acceptance folder
entered for next 2 days.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Detention tracking
- Load Tracking
- Loading/Unloading for Manifest loads
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to master the computer-based transportation management system needed to successfully perform job duties
- Run time/distance calculations to identify late trucks
- Proactively communicate issues
- Ability to follow and execute on direction given by planning, driver managers and customer service reps.
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in work completed
- Positive, helpful attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information
- Desire to grow, develop, and participate in a team-centered culture
- Take initiative eagerly
- Analyze information and issues and offer solutions
Benefits & Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision on Day 1 of Hire
- 401k and company match program
- Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Weekly
- Driver Referral Bonus
Shared Vision for the Future
Every member of our team was chosen for the unique abilities that they bring to the table. You can be confident that when you join the Xtreme Team that you are joining a group of professionals, much like yourself, sharing a common goal.
Sound like you? Apply Today.