Xtreme Trucking strives to be a forward-thinking company and is always working to reduce its environmental footprint. Recently, the company joined the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partnership, which is designed to increase energy efficiency while significantly reducing greenhouse gases and air pollution.
The partnership is a government collaboration with various freight industry sectors which are voluntarily working to improve fuel efficiency and reduce the environmental impact of every delivered load. The initiative launched in 2004 and assists its partners with tools and approaches to track and reduce emissions and fuel use. Going forward, the SmartWay program aims to achieve fuel savings of up to 150 million barrels per year.
As part of its commitment as a SmartWay partner, Xtreme Trucking is required to:
- Measure its current environmental performance
- Commit to improving that performance within three years
- Identify technologies and strategies to achieve these goals
- Track emissions
- Forecast future progress
“The future of Xtreme Trucking relies on the health of our planet,” said Travis Nelson, president of Xtreme Trucking. “As we look to further reduce carbon dioxide pollution and lead by example within the trucking industry, the SmartWay program is the natural next step for our company. We are honored to be a partner and are fully committed to SmartWay’s ambitious objectives.”
What kind of impact has the EPA’s SmartWay Transport Partnership had in the U.S. over the last 15 years?
- SmartWay partners have saved 248.8 million barrels of oil—the equivalent of eliminating annual electricity use in over 16 million homes.
- By helping America’s freight industry reduce its dependence on foreign fuel, more dollars can be invested in the U.S.; having fewer imports also reduces the national trade deficit.
- SmartWay is helping businesses lower fuel costs, saving $33.4 billion to date. These savings directly support the trucking industry and the customers they serve.
- SmartWay has helped partners avoid emitting 119 million tons of air pollution (NOx, PM, and CO2), which helps protect the environment and keeps Americans healthy.
Xtreme Trucking, among those freight companies participating in the SmartWay program, demonstrates its commitment to corporate social responsibility while delivering goods in a cost-effective and fuel-efficient manner.
Learn more about the SmartWay program at https://www.epa.gov/smartway
About Xtreme Trucking
Owner Travis Nelson founded Xtreme Trucking in 2007 with just one truck and a leased refrigerated trailer. Since then, it’s emerged as one of the most progressive and fastest-growing carriers in the Midwest. With decades of experience behind the wheel and running logistics, the Xtreme Team can handle ANY load a customer needs shipped. Long haul, hazmat, dry van, or refrigerated transportation are all within the company’s repertoire. Headquartered in Maribel, WI, Xtreme Trucking partners with almost every major shipper in the refrigerated truck field, including many well-known household brands.