Owner Travis Nelson founded Xtreme Trucking in 2007 with just one truck and a leased refrigerated trailer. Since then, it’s grown quickly to emerge as one of the most progressive and fastest-growing carriers in the Midwest. The company now partners with almost every major shipper in the refrigerated truck field, including many well-known household brands.
The past year, especially, has been a prolific time for Xtreme Trucking as Nelson invested in facilities, technology and staff. Here’s a quick snapshot of the Xtreme team’s rapid growth:
X Marks the Spot to a New HQ
On October 18, Xtreme moved its whole team to a new facility in Maribel, Wisconsin. The new headquarters features all employees in one location, interstate access and tractor and trailer parking.
Expanded Equipment Inventory
Nelson acquired Zernicke Trucking Inc. in 2015, and the brand officially retired in June of 2018. All its former equipment now bears the Xtreme logo. The additional acquisition of a small fleet (Jon T. Wolf) brings the total number of trucks to 75, with 150 trailers for use as dropped equipment for pre-loading.
Cruisin’ to an Improved CSA BASIC Score Card
Xtreme Trucking lowered its CSA Basic Score Hours of Service to zero points in 2018.
CSA stands for Compliance, Safety, Accountability. It is a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration initiative that was introduced to improve the overall safety of commercial motor vehicles. The amount, severity and date of any violations, inspections or crashes the carrier has been involved in are all taken into consideration when calculating the Score Card. With that data, carriers are assigned a percentile from 0 – 100. Like golf, a lower score is better.
Xtreme Trucking’s ISS score also decreased to a 44-Pass in January.
Xtreme-ly Improved Website and Blog
Xtreme Trucking is always looking for ways to improve its processes and technology to better serve its customers and staff. To that end, the company recently revamped its website and added a new blog.
The updated site features:
- New homepage and Careers section layouts to help visitors explore content more efficiently
- Improved navigation to provide a more intuitive, user-friendly experience
- Updated staff bios and company history content
- Expanded, comprehensive descriptions of Xtreme Trucking’s refrigerated shipping services
- A company blog for sharing news
- A culture of open communication is strongly valued at Xtreme Trucking. The new blog is just one component of the company’s new content marketing strategy, which focuses on leveraging Xtreme Trucking’s website and social media presence to provide valuable information to customers, staff, drivers and prospective employees.
- Through this new channel, the Xtreme team will be regularly publishing articles covering company updates, staff milestones, industry news, insights from the Xtreme leadership team, and new transportation trends and technology.
- The blog will be another easy way to connect with Xtreme Trucking online, alongside its Facebook page. Readers are encouraged to interact and share any input or questions in the blog’s comment section.
New Team Members Along for the Ride
Over the last year, Xtreme Trucking’s staff saw significant growth.
Last month, four new employees were welcomed aboard the Xtreme Team:
1/7/19 Durlin Beechy
(Open Deck OTR)
1/18/19 Chris Bennes
1/18/19 Kurt Leick
2/1/19 Jonas Lundberg
(Carrier Sales Representative)
Xtreme is committed to supporting its team with the latest technology, a strong support system with 24/7 assistance, and schedules that suit each driver’s needs.
If that seems like a road worth taking, shift your career into high gear and contact Xtreme Trucking today.
Ready to refer a friend? Contact us today or find out more at: https://www.xtremetrucking.com/driving-jobs/